Train to Gain
Learning and Skills Council (LSC)
CFE provided support to the Learning and Skills Council's Train to Gain service which provides impartial, independent advice on training to businesses across England.
CFE has worked with the Learning and Skills Council (LSC) since 2006 specifically around the design and implementation of Train to Gain Skills Broker training and development.
Work to date has involved working in collaboration with the nine regional LSC areas, brokerage delivery organisations and other key stakeholders.
CFE's role in supporting the training and development of brokers has also included:
- Secretariat for the Train to Gain Training and Development Steering Group involving driving forward discussions, proposing solutions and encouraging follow up and progression of items
- Design, management and delivery of broker introductory workshops; disseminating key facts about the Train to Gain offer at the inception of the service
- Design, development and testing of a suite of 11 Skills Broker Training Modules in the form of workshops and resource packs; providing a platform for broker continuous professional development
- Management of a recently redesigned Broker website; a resource tool to support the brokers day-to-day role
- Support to regional website leads offering user guidance and technical support